Wednesday, November 5, 2008

If you didn't notice, OBAMA WON!

Four years ago when Bush won again, I stayed in bed all day out of grief.

Today, though, I am so happy I feel like bursting out into cliches! Change we can believe in! Morning in America! Tippacanoe and Tyler too! Give 'em Hell, Obama; I like Obama; I still like Obama; I'm just wild about Obama; In your heart, you know he's right; It's the economy, stupid. Keep cool and keep Obama; an Obama in time saves nine; You can count your Obama's now because they've hatched; It's an Obama night stand; as hot as Obama; busy as an Obama.

2 comments:

GrittyPretty said...

YAY for America! Djinn, i remember the foul mood of four years ago. you weren't the only one; i felt so much despair and lack of trust in our country. today, hope replaces all those feelings. YES WE CAN!
xo,quel

Anonymous said...

Though a bittersweet day for me (given California, Arizona, Arkansas, and Florida - but mostly California and my hopes for a wedding), if the presidential election hadn't gone this way, I don't think there is any way I could have faced today.

Hooray. And so the work begins/continues.

Isn't it awesome to feel like something grand is possible ... even probable?

I say yes.