Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Meal hints, some helpful, some less so.

So, Dear Brother James, Rachel (former roomie) , Snapdragon, and I went to the Untouchables, uh, the imponderables, uh, the inflatables, uh, whatever the superhero movie is about retired superheros getting in touch with their outer superhero -- it was charming and funny (esp. the part where I skipped out) --- afterwards we went for sushi at the happy sumo.

The waitress asked us, and I quote, if "WE were ready to order." I said, perhaps unwisely, that the people at the table were, but I was unsure as to whether she herself was completely ready yet. Needless to say, it took a while for our order to arrive. During the interregnum, as we were waiting, a group got up and left -- wonder of wonders -- some actual sushi on their table. By this time I was ready to gnaw a leg off a table for a bit of fibre-- my roomie came to the rescue, looked to the right, looked to the left, and levitated the spare sushi onto our table. Yum yum yum. Appetizers. Maybe whole meals could be scored this way.

Earlier while I should have been happily watching cartoon people successfully fight off other cartoon people I managed to wander into gap body and anthropologie and make up for appalling gaps in my wardrobe. NO longer. I just have to calm my credit card down; everything's gonna be alright. I also wandered into the Diesel store and did not, i repeat, did not buy the t-shirt that said "superfreak." Such control. It had a silhouette of someone in an afro. But I am strong. I also did not buy the Tshirt I found in Portland that said "Bad MoFo" but, memories linger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remember that....