Monday, November 9, 2009

I'll Have the Crabhat With a Side of Sauciness


When I first saw the crabhat, I thought it was utterly ridiculous-----though part of me wanted one. After all, it is a hat!

But then after seeing this over-the-top, shark-jumping extravaganza of photo-shoot mania, I decided the crabhat was really a rather conservative, restrained statement of style and mood. "Come too close, and I just might pinch you!" it whispers alluringly.



This look, on the other hand boldly proclaims, "I am an idiot, and if you touch me, I'll slap you and get paint all over you! And yes, those are open toe boots! Whoops, I forgot my knickers!" For a better look at her.....ahem...... paint, just left click on the image.)

(Lower image from French Vogue.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You've been one-upped already: http://izismile.com/img/img2/20091109/daily_picdump_281_07.jpg

kerfuffler said...

Rob,

I am left speechless..... was that your intent all along?

djinn said...

The model in image number two also made the novice mistake of leaving her shirt behind. Poor dear. The words 'shirt' and 'skirt' both come from the same Old Norse root 'scyrte,' (thank you, OED), so perhaps the picture is just some terrible translation error.

C. L. Hanson said...

ROTFL! I have the same problem with fashion magazines...